Friday, September 21, 2012

Joy in the morning



This morning, just before I woke up, or maybe as I was waking up, I had one of those rare dreams that you remember. It was vivid. A joyous mash of my trip to Colorado and a wonderful lunch I had yesterday in Oklahoma. It was all transported to my old home in Dublin, Georgia.

The backyard began as it was, but was somehow transformed to a great garden maze. The colors were brilliant with flowering trees everywhere. The old cherry laurel tree was full of brilliant humming birds. An impossibly yellow woodpecker was on the neighbors fence. Somehow my fathers tomatoes were changed to rows of corn.

It was beautiful. Just before waking I thought, "Dad will love this."

There is nothing like waking to joy in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment